28 February 2014

This is my University :)


No joke. This upside down statue is right in front of the West Lecture Theatres on campus.
Welcome to La Trobe University.
Enough said.

That being said, haha, I do very much like my university, despite the main campus being in Bundoora, a 45 minute tram ride outside the city. Thankfully, all my courses will take place on the Franklin St campus in the city, a mere six blocks from my new apt.

Registration took place on Feb 12, 13, and 14 from 10am-4pm. So I showed up on the 13th at around 12:45. I thought, how long can it possibly take for them to look at my offer letter and check my name off the list or whatever? Sigh..it's obviously been a long time since I've done this. If you've ever gone to DMV, or applied for a Chinese visa, you might have an idea what the registration process was like. They were currently helping number 334. I took a number (465), and waited.

For 2 hours.

I read my book, played with my phone (though there was no reception in the lecture hall so I couldn't do much), and looked through my welcome packet. I was finally called up, asked to show them my offer letter, my visa confirmation, and my passport. I then received a registration guide paper, which they stamped "APPROVED" on, and I was free to go home and start choosing classes.

And that was the easy part. 

No comments:

Post a Comment