29 July 2014

Return to Bangkok, Part 1

After an exhausting first term of graduate school, I decided I needed a vacation and impulsively booked the cheapest flight I could find to Bangkok. I left early in the morning on June 12th, two days after my Biostatistics final exam, and didn't return until late on the 29th. It was a wonderful trip; not only for the friends I got to see, but for the joy, encouragement, peace, and refreshing rejuvenation that only Thailand can provide me. God blessed me on this holiday in so many ways, from the lovely friends who hosted me, to the many milestones of others I was able to be a part of, to the few new faces that simply blessed me with their company. Thanks to all of you <3

My in-flight meal. I flew AirAsia - super cheap, but I was also too cheap to buy food on the flight.

Waiting on the back of a motorbike taxi at Rama IV intersection
First motorbike ride in over a year. I was SO excited.
Dinner from the Muang Thong Market
Mangoes and sticky rice!
Milestone 1, Jojo's birthday!
Happy Birthday, Jojo!
ahahahaha LOVE this picture
Silly photos with Q'bie, who told me "I'm not happy you're here....it means you have to leave again." :'( Breaks my heart.
Motorbike ride #5
Crowded morning BTS, and this woman's hair XD
First Sunday back at ICB - no words. I was so happy to be back. Had a great chat with Pastor Stewart before the service, and wept through most of the singing. It was good to be home again.
Motorbike ride #8
Art Therapy class with the volunteers and a few Dton Naam students
Our artwork (mine is the boat in the bottom left corner)
The key to frugality - take the bus.
Making pot pies with Jojo :)
Beautiful decorations at Terminal 21 Mall
Host house #3 with Mary and Greg - Gorgeous view!
Motorbike ride #11

Asiatique night bazaar with my favorite Jamaican, Glaister!

Me and Glaister
Milestone #2 - My dear friend Ora signing the papers to own her first condo! :D
Dinner group before Karaoke!
Karaoke!
Elevator selfie after Karaoke lol
                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment