05 March 2014

My Last Day of Freedom / The Sydney Rd After-Party

The Brunswick Music Festival started two days ago, on Sunday, and a lively and entertaining assortment of festivities and performers/vendors were out on Sydney Rd until 7pm to kick off the 2-week festival. Halla had invited me to join she and her housemates and some other friends for an after-party of sorts at their house nearby, and I gladly accepted. I arrived just before 5, bearing gifts of healthiness (the unwanted beets, carrots, kale, etc. leftover from my juice cleanse nonsense), and after being introduced to the rest of the housemates (including one named Thor! - my life is complete now LOL), the 7 or so of us headed a few blocks over to Sydney Rd to check out some of the excitement.
Watched some belly dancing
Terry joined the fun


After the street festival shenanigans, (and a very delicious Thai coconut that I traded $5 for to drink while we wandered), it was back to the house for our evening of awesomeness!

Robin and Brad (looking surprised, lol)
The early arrivals from US, Australia, Germany, France and Holland
Our "One Two Tree" Stage and the amazingly awesome mural of Elvis on the back wall painted by Thor(e) :D
The "band" - Thore on guitar, Mikey on keyboard, and Terry on the sexy saxamaphone

Beau and Bob...my new couch buddies
Brad and Halla rockin out :D
Claire about to show us her epic fire twirling skills

So many awesome people, so many great conversations, so many hilarious pictures, and a wonderful end to my pre-grad-school freedom. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment